Wednesday, October 29, 2008

I always seem to have a hard time with the drawstring cast as described in the tutorials. I came up with a different way to do it quite by accident. I attach the working yarn with a slip knot to the anchor peg, I then wrap every other peg around the loom, then wrap the working yarn around all the pegs, you now have two loops on every other peg, now I lift the bottom loops over on the pegs with two loops and continue on with the pattern. Pictures below show how I do it, as soon as I get some extra time I will be doing a video of how it is done.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Pam,

    I have problems with the drawstring cast-on too. In fact, because of that I have yet to make Brenda's Bells from class. I've started about 3 times and had to quit 'cause I just wasn't getting it. I think I really understand your method better. Hopefully, I can get some made now. :o)

    BTW, I added a link on my blog to your blog Re: your Little Bow Butterfly Bonnet that I made and posted a pic of at my blog. :o)